Tuesday, January 13, 2009

EH: Week One

Went over syllabus, figured out schedule for books and assigned weeks for annotated bibliographies/historiographies and book reviews.

I'm writing a book review on fascism/totalitarianism but the book hasn't been assigned yet. It'll be due the last week of class. My annotated bibliography and historiographical essay is due on March 3rd and is on Discipline & Punish: The Birth of the Prison by Michel Foucault. I look forward to the challenge.

Otherwise, the class looks really good. There are several familiar faces: Regina, Elizabeth, Nadine, Matt, and Michael. Michael & I will be taking European comps together so maybe we can set up some sort of reading group. Nadine and I have a semester of assisting together behind us, will be assisting Dr. Brazy together this spring, and now with this class together will prove to be a valuable ally in surviving this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment